|Luna looks on in the kitchen as the crazy lady takes a yoga selfie
I can’t believe that I am on day 30 and still going strong! I guess since it’s been a month now, I should do a little run-down of changes that I have or have not noticed.
Things that have not changed….
- I am still fat. (I shouldn’t say things like that, I know…. positive self talk… blah blah blah….)
- I still have a LOT of bags of clothes that are waiting for me to be smaller so that I can wear them.
- I cannot run 3 miles without walking at all.
- I still do not go to the gym or exercise as much as I would like to
- I still love Justin Bieber
- And One Direction.
Things that HAVE changed….
- I have LESS fat on my body.
- The button on my jeans is not standing on the ledge threatening to of jump from the pressure it’s under.
- I can wear some of the clothes that I had not been wearing because they didn’t fit properply.
- I can run/walk in 1 minute intervals easily for 15 minutes (and surely more than that, but that is all I have done so far)
- I feel confident in the weight room at the gym, even when Lonnie is not there with me
- I LOOK FORWARD to Sunday yoga
- I don’t crave McDonald’s anymore. Or cheez its. Or sour patch kids.
- We have saved probably around $200-400 dollars this month because there is no more nightlt convenience store snack run. When I think of the shitty food and wasted money…. I almost didn’t even want to type that one out because it’s embarrassing.
- Much less alcohol is being consumed. We used to have a tradition of finding new wines to pair with our dinner on Wednesdays, and on weekends would have a couple drinks in the evening. BUT, even if I have one glass of alcohol, I feel like a zombie in the morning and have to drag my ass out of bed, and I don’t need excuses to not get up and going!! ESPECIALLY on Sunday mornings because I want to feel good for yoga!
- My skin is better, breakouts and blemishes are basically non-existent!
- I never have “stomach issues” anymore or wake up feeling gross
- There have also been some weird changes that may or may not be related….
- I get up earlier every day
- I make my bed every day
- I have started to enjoy folding and putting away laundry and it doesn’t just live in baskets anymore
WOW that is a big list of reasons to never stop living this way, and right now I honestly don’t even want to stop! I feel awesome, happy, energized, and confident!! GO ME!!
Last night while in bed watching umpteen episodes of ‘Shameless’ (DAMN YOU SHOWTIME FREE PREVIEW WEEKEND…. sucking me in and FORCING me to subscribe!), I frigged around on Pinterest looking for some low-carb snack ideas. What did I learn? Low carb snacks are just all stupid and boring.
-Have a handful of nuts (YEAH!! THAT would be SO satisfying!)
-Make this 18 ingredient dessert or bread made up of bizzare chemicals. (GREAT IDEA!! Eating healthy should ALWAYS involve filling your body with lab created “food.”)
-There is a bizarre obsession with these things called “FAT BOMBS.” The name is disgusting. As is the premise. It just seems SO necessary! Like eating something just to…. eat something?
So basically my search was a waste of time. I have no idea what “normal” people that don’t eat sugar snack on. Fruit I guess. Dumb.
Also I read an article lately extolling the evils of artificial sweetener. Which I have already known forever, but right now just seems like the last fucking thing I want to hear. Now I feel like an asshole when I drink my beloved morning coffee (because I use 2 squirts of Torani sugar free syrup). And then I feel like an asshole again when I have a diet caffeine free soda later on. I DO NOT LIKE TO DRINK PLAIN WATER. My daughter has been doing this lately….
She claims it is delicious, but it seems like a lot of work and a lot of wasted fruit to me.
WOW, am I bitchy today or WHAT!?
Today is a holiday for the kids, not for me. So as I am on-call, I just said goodbye to them as they headed off TO THE GYM TOGETHER!!
GOOD LORD I DID SOMETHING RIGHT!!!
|Monday selfie- coffee happened much earlier on the road!
The weekend was very blah, but also very YAY! On Saturday Lonnie was gone all day at a coughcoughgamingconventioncoughcough. I knew that he would eat “off plan” since he was out all day, so as I drove to the grocery store I gave myself permission to also have a little treat/splurge. I thought ALL the way there about what I have really missed and really would like and came up with NOTHING. My old favorite sweet treats like cake… ice cream… candy…. no thanks, the thought of them just made me feel a little sick to my stomach. (You know… like that feeling you have after eating too many pancakes and then someone offers you a cinnamon bun?) So no sweets. Ooooh! How about chips? Cheez-its (my lifelone nemesis)? Saltines? While I easily could have stomached those things. I quickly sent my mind to the way I feel after… and during… eating them. I feel bloated. I feel unhealthy. I feel like eating MORE AND MORE AND MORE bad stuff. THAT was the biggy for me. Eating those types of foods just makes your body want MORE MORE MORE! (Which is why cheat days don’t work!) So I stuck to plan and had no regrets because I felt great all weekend and yesterday watched and listened to Lonnie struggle with feeling “eaty” all day. (And of course took the opportunity to brag a little about how I was not feeling “eaty” because I didn’t eat crap :::wink:::)