Well… this week’s ‘iced coffee selfie that illustrates nothing’ actually does illustrate something. Don’t wear this shirt and a sports bra that smashes the boobies. I look like a blob.
Last week I had been thinking that by this week I would not have that iced coffee in my hand and would be off artificial sweeteners. I am not. Not even a little. I am trying to be more mindful about it and make a least a few choices here and there that don’t involve that garbage. I didn’t have any diet soda at all yesterday, and I drank a cup of tea with no real or fake sugar in it at all, and actually enjoyed it!
We leave on Friday for our vacation and I feel awesome that I have been able to stick to this the whole time!! I do wish I had exercised more and was in better running shape, but, oh well… it is what it is.
The big test now is coming HOME from vacation and staying attached to this new lifestyle. I am actually not worried about the vacation itself. The food in Mexico is all real. actual food, and we don’t eat crap down there anyway. We DO, however, drink lots of sugary margaritas, and I have NO plans to skimp on those! 😉 I never gain weight on vacation though, we are SO active- walking-swimming-snorkeling-biking-hiking-ziplining-parasailing……. that it all evens out. The tricky parts are the travel days. I think my Cinnabon experience will help me stay on track as eating shitty food while traveling does NOT work for me, or anyone around me 😉
Thinking I will be back to daily this week because I feel like I am faltering a bit. And while I KNOW
and can FEEL that this is PMS related— It appears knowing is not actually half the battle when you still stuff a pizza into your gob anyway.
|New gym pants from Lane Bryant
|Olive Garden dressing— basically candy.
-On Friday I got up and went to the gym all on my own… all alone! And lifted weights like a beast!!
-Went to Olive Garden with Jessi yesterday, and while I did have some stuff I shouldn’t have, a few risotto rice balls, chicken gnocchi soup, and lots of salad (you know that dressing is terrible for you, right– it’ll full of sugar!!
), I passed on breadsticks, and I stuck to one small bowl of soup– and I didn’t finish it.
Oh yeah I had a berry Sangria too 😉 More sugar, but SO yummy!
-I got some AWESOME new gym pants from Lane Bryant. I usually only shop there for bras and undies, I have never really liked the way their clothes fit. They were having a giant clearance and I tried them on and LOVE LOVE LOVE. They are super flattering and stay in place when lifting and running. WIN WIN WIN!
-The two giant margaritas before the Brad Paisley concert. (Please don’t assume from this that I am a country music loving redneck!!!), I have no regrets though, as we had SO MUCH FUN out and about with our friends!
-Small pizza for dinner last night. OMG it was so good, but I really should have made a better choice. Pizza is probably what I miss the most when I am watching carbs and none of those supposed substitutes even come close, so I don’t even bother. Pizza once a month or so is not going to kill me. (Next month news headline: Woman Chokes and Dies on Pizza Crust)
-The gym probably isn’t happening at all this weekend as we are trying to super clean the house and get errands done because we leave for our trip on Friday!
Bitch please. There is no ugly here!
|Luna looks on in the kitchen as the crazy lady takes a yoga selfie
I can’t believe that I am on day 30 and still going strong! I guess since it’s been a month now, I should do a little run-down of changes that I have or have not noticed.
Things that have not changed….
- I am still fat. (I shouldn’t say things like that, I know…. positive self talk… blah blah blah….)
- I still have a LOT of bags of clothes that are waiting for me to be smaller so that I can wear them.
- I cannot run 3 miles without walking at all.
- I still do not go to the gym or exercise as much as I would like to
- I still love Justin Bieber
- And One Direction.
Things that HAVE changed….
- I have LESS fat on my body.
- The button on my jeans is not standing on the ledge threatening to of jump from the pressure it’s under.
- I can wear some of the clothes that I had not been wearing because they didn’t fit properply.
- I can run/walk in 1 minute intervals easily for 15 minutes (and surely more than that, but that is all I have done so far)
- I feel confident in the weight room at the gym, even when Lonnie is not there with me
- I LOOK FORWARD to Sunday yoga
- I don’t crave McDonald’s anymore. Or cheez its. Or sour patch kids.
- We have saved probably around $200-400 dollars this month because there is no more nightlt convenience store snack run. When I think of the shitty food and wasted money…. I almost didn’t even want to type that one out because it’s embarrassing.
- Much less alcohol is being consumed. We used to have a tradition of finding new wines to pair with our dinner on Wednesdays, and on weekends would have a couple drinks in the evening. BUT, even if I have one glass of alcohol, I feel like a zombie in the morning and have to drag my ass out of bed, and I don’t need excuses to not get up and going!! ESPECIALLY on Sunday mornings because I want to feel good for yoga!
- My skin is better, breakouts and blemishes are basically non-existent!
- I never have “stomach issues” anymore or wake up feeling gross
- There have also been some weird changes that may or may not be related….
- I get up earlier every day
- I make my bed every day
- I have started to enjoy folding and putting away laundry and it doesn’t just live in baskets anymore
WOW that is a big list of reasons to never stop living this way, and right now I honestly don’t even want to stop! I feel awesome, happy, energized, and confident!! GO ME!!
Today is a holiday for the kids, not for me. So as I am on-call, I just said goodbye to them as they headed off TO THE GYM TOGETHER!!
GOOD LORD I DID SOMETHING RIGHT!!!
|Monday selfie- coffee happened much earlier on the road!
The weekend was very blah, but also very YAY! On Saturday Lonnie was gone all day at a coughcoughgamingconventioncoughcough. I knew that he would eat “off plan” since he was out all day, so as I drove to the grocery store I gave myself permission to also have a little treat/splurge. I thought ALL the way there about what I have really missed and really would like and came up with NOTHING. My old favorite sweet treats like cake… ice cream… candy…. no thanks, the thought of them just made me feel a little sick to my stomach. (You know… like that feeling you have after eating too many pancakes and then someone offers you a cinnamon bun?) So no sweets. Ooooh! How about chips? Cheez-its (my lifelone nemesis)? Saltines? While I easily could have stomached those things. I quickly sent my mind to the way I feel after… and during… eating them. I feel bloated. I feel unhealthy. I feel like eating MORE AND MORE AND MORE bad stuff. THAT was the biggy for me. Eating those types of foods just makes your body want MORE MORE MORE! (Which is why cheat days don’t work!) So I stuck to plan and had no regrets because I felt great all weekend and yesterday watched and listened to Lonnie struggle with feeling “eaty” all day. (And of course took the opportunity to brag a little about how I was not feeling “eaty” because I didn’t eat crap :::wink:::)
|Running at the gym… back to the beginning of Couch to 5k
|Yoga mat LOCKED AND LOADED
What a great weekend! We actually got our asses to the gym BOTH days, and this morning got up early to get to Yoga by 9:15. Yoga for fat people is just…. well… it’s something. Fortunately, I am very bendy, so my frustration when the chub gets in the way gets cancelled out by my competitive nature, “HA! Yeah I’m fat, but I can touch the floor with my forward fold so HA!” I totally fell on my ass trying to do one legged balancing
pose because I have zero balance and it. was. HYSTERICAL!
We even went to the movies today and ate a healthy, late, protein-packed, breakfast Fritatta before leaving, passed on the moviesnacks and ordered our favorite grilled chicken salads to pick up on the way home. I did “splurge” a little and did not pick out my croutons, but I DID skip the included pita bread that I usually use to scrape up every last bit of their magical basil vinaigrette dressing.
Still pondering tomorrow’s gym plan. I am HELLA SORE from squats and yoga… and probably the running too. Thinking I need a day off.
I actually made it to the gym today! I was lifting heavy and feeling like a beast.
Aaaaaaaand then within 10 minutes of each other, two beautiful young, toned girls showed up. And they meant business. I mean the full on ‘this weighs 3 times what I do weight dropping on the floor with a giant crash each time’ business.
I totally let it get to me and all I wanted to do was finish up my set as fast as I could and get the fuck outta there. UGH! SO NOT COOL OF ME! :::::sigh:::::%