Blissful staycation. Even taking into consideration ripping my big toenail half off and having to bow out of my 3k race tomorrow. Fortunately, as of today, it doesn’t really hurt anymore, and it’s oozing (ewwwww,… More
I’ve been using the “Lose it!” app for 6 days and as of this morning, I am back to myfitnesspal*. The Lose It (LI) app is SO CUTE! I LOVE the interface and it seems a little easier to add foods because there aren’t so many choices like in myfitnesspal (MFP) (For example, when you type ‘chicken thighs’ into MFP, you get about 456,402 options with calories ranging from 7 to 7294 :::a SMALL exaggeration:::). BUT….
- I got VERY sick of the ‘This is a premium feature so you should give us money if you want to do that!’ messages. For things even like adding food to the following day– which they call “Meal Planning,” which is a “premium feature.”
- Lose it! claimed to sync with Google fitness (or whatever its called–should just be ‘big brother is watching everything you do’), but it didn’t.
- Because I’ve used MFP for so many years, it knows me. Which is an unfair advantage, but still an advantage because all my favorite foods and exercises are already there.
- I miss my friends!! I do well with knowing others can see what I am doing and also just seeing that people I know are using the app too keeps me motivated. Basically, everyone has tried myfitnesspal at some point, so even when their accounts are currently not in use, it still shows a buncha peeps on my list that could be watching. And I like that.
myfitnesspal wins because you get way more for way less aka FREE!
*Note: myfitnesspal is lowercase intentionally (see photo 😉 )
My shower curtain was VERY handsy this morning. And let’s just say I appreciate the gesture after recently discovering I’ve gained FIFTEEN POUNDS since March. What the actual fuck? I’m not stupid; I know my clothes are tighter and that I have been eating a lot of shitty food and exercising less, but DAYUM! I was in some DEEEEEE-NIAL about how off-the-rails I’ve been. I have a multitude of excuses but gather ’em all up in a jar along with a nickel and you still won’t be able to buy……. um…. a thing that costs more than a nickel….?
BACK ON THE RAILS!
Lonnie and I are BACK ON IT! He has forbidden the use of the word “diet,” preferring the in-my-opinion-much-overused-these-days, “lifestyle change.” But let’s be real. If it walks like a diet, and quacks like a diet, it’s a fucking diet.
So I’ve got the Lose It app loaded. (Felt like a fresh start –so trying this instead of Myfitnesspal)
We’ve got the fridge STOCKED with healthy food.
LET’S DO THIS THING (Forever… you know… because it’s a LIFESTYLE CHANGE AND NOT A DIET!
- I was nervous and scared beforehand than I expected.
- I had no idea my throat would hurt so much from the intubation (but it turned out I also had a cold/flu thing so maybe that isn’t always quite so rough).
- My lower stomach area was painful for 2 days and then just “weird” feeling– almost felt like something was in there that shouldn’t have been, and was considering pulling an “Alien”– for about a week after and still feels slightly uncomfortable today– a week later, because when I sit, all my pants dig into the very spot where they went in with the …tools?
- I still haven’t jogged or exercised in any way AND THAT’S OK! (Planning on it for tomorrow though. I think I’m ready!)
I ate a blackberry today.
I made the mistake of telling Sean (my 16yo) my goal to try learning to like fruit this year (assuming he wasn’t paying attention and I was just talking to hear myself speak – as per usual). Apparently one of his callings is aggressively pushing others into achieving their goals. Sean J: life coach whether you like it or not.
The FLAVOR of the little ball of tiny balls was actually quite yummy. The TEXTURE, however, is not something I think I can get used to. The bursting in your mouth thing… The crunchy, tiny, earthy seeds amidst the juicy slime…. Um, no? I can’t say it’s a hard pass, but I definitely didn’t ask for another.
Not that he was offering.
As Lonnie watches a Youtube video to learn how to carve bowls from wood……
I’ll post of photos of our weekend! We cooked! We Cinco de Mayo’d! We breakfasted and Lowes’ed. And I planted a little succulent garden instead of just pinning pictures of them all day on Pinterest! I also dug my DSLR out of the closet and put my fun 50mm 1.4 lens on to play with and make things a little more challenging. Blogging really is cheaper than therapy!
Do most people have hobbies? Do you have a hobby? I have things I’m interested in, but I can’t really say I have any true hobbies and I admit, I am a little jealous of people who do! I spend WAY too much time “being bored.” TBH, I think staring at my phone is my hobby. And that’s not cool.
Is finding a hobby like meeting Mr. Right? It just happens? Or do you keep trying things out to find something that strikes your fancy? The latter method doesn’t seem to be working for me so far as evidenced by the cake decorating kit I used once (I’m fat enough without making freaking cake all the time! Also, I suck (receipts above) LOL)… the scrapbooking stuff I still can’t help buying (scrapbooking is so lame …lol)…. all my old camera lenses that are collecting dust (my camera is old and outdated– plus winter, and what would I even take pictures of that I don’t take with my phone…?)